Thursday 17 June 2010

Introduction

Hi guys, i'll be lucky to get one person reading this, and that person will probably know me.... but i'll still introduce myself.

I am Sam, i am 21 and i have recently started a job as a science technician in a high school. I am a geek, a massive geek... I love sharks, i love all fish, i love jellyfish and David Attenborough is my biggest idol! I watch films, and i read books, and that is about the extent of my social life.

Right! i would like to make it clear that the title of this blog "my invisible life" has no reference to me actually being, or feeling invisible... i am not an emo kid, i do not think the world see's straight though me etc.

I infact have multiple joint, muscle, tendon and ligament conditions that aren't fully understood. Especially by onlookers. So my invisible life is about the problems and struggles i have suffering from Hypermobility Joint Syndrome and it's related conditions.

The aim of this blog is not to make people feel sorry for me, because that is absolutely not what i want, i do not want sympathy, i want people to understand (including myself!) this condition i have. It's hopefully going to be my way of preventing myself from getting really down about this and to help myself come to terms with the limits this condition puts on my life.

I promise to try not make this blog depressing, I just want to document my wobbly joints, sore muscles and cracking ligaments :)

It's bed time now, so i will do my first real blog tomorrow :)

I hope i haven't bored you already!

Thanks! Sam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment