Friday 18 June 2010

4 weeks of full time work down, a life time to go!

Now that i have got the intro and history covered, i am going to try and post daily or every two days about my day. It won't all be to do with HMS, it will be partially to do with my job, my social life (or lack of) and my home life.

So toooday! is Friday!! which means tomorrow is SATURDAY!! I am so glad i no longer have to work weekends!! I have been working full time for 4 weeks now (well 3, i worked a week, had a weeks half term and now i have just done 2 weeks).

My mum saw an ad in the paper for a science technician in a high school, i didn't exactly want to be a science tech, but in this day an age a job is a job, and one that isn't minimum wage is even better! So i applied, got an interview and got the job!! because i am that awesome :P The first week was hard and tiring, but i managed it just fine and i really enjoyed it!

now that i have done 2 consecutive weeks, my body is really starting to feel it. The fibromyalgia in my neck and shoulders is playing hell with me! It's really not a happy place between my shoulder blades right now!

I was totally zombied at work today, my body really did not want to get out of bed. But Andrew (acting senior tech) was out for a good few hours today so i found a job i could do sitting down. I fixed and calibrated the whole stock of Newton Metres :D that was very fun!! Then someone asked me what hair looked like under a microscope, so of course i got out a microscope and started pulling out my hair, and then other kind people passing by my desk gave me some of their hair. It was rather fun! But why stop there!!! I found microscope slides with alsorts of goodies on, so i got them out too.
But then my fingers went and ruined all my fun by becoming very sore and stiff... stupid fingers. So i went on to another task... organising boxes of staples into size order :P Then it was time to clear away a class room practical and then home tiiime!

(i know what you are thinking! and yes i do sometimes do a real work! i just did this whole weeks work by Tuesday and have had to find lots of little jobs to fill the hours of 8-4... I have been informed that this term is a slow term, and come September i wont get chance to sit down and express my OCD tendencies on boxes of stables, pens, post it and anything i find that isn't striaght and in colour/size order :P haha)

Nick, my best friend picked me up from work and brought me home, thank god! my hips and back were hurting so bad i don't actually think i'd of managed it home, i'd of found a comfortable patch of grass to curl up in LOL!!

I got home, and i have pretty much sat in my awesome rocking chair since. Revising for my retake exams and trying to avoid moving my neck and shoulders. My lower back feels like it is on fire and i keep getting shooting pain in my thighs.

It's 8.50pm now so i think i am going to peel myself out of this chair, attempt to do some of my exercises to loosen up my shoulders and then go to bed. I am having a facial done tomorrow, which should be fun if i manage to get of bed in the morning. hopefully my shoulders have calmed down after a bit of sleep.

Good night all and thanks for reading :D

No comments:

Post a Comment